Beauty in the Middle 2.0: Celebrating a year!


women-jumping-with-sun -Beauty in the Middle 2.0: Celebrating a year!

I launched this site a year ago and it’s been so rewarding to write about wellness and beauty for women our age  since the subject doesn’t get much ink elsewhere. But just as people need to evolve their style as they grow, I thought it was time this site got a makeover. So, without further ado, introducing Beauty in the Middle 2.0:

What’s new at Beauty in the Middle

Beyond enhancing some of the branding elements, I wanted the site to be easier to navigate. To that end, Tanya Beaudoin, the web designer I collaborated with on this redesign, has created clearer boundaries between blog entries. She’s also made the side menu more distinct and the “Search” and “Subscribe by Email” sections pop more.

Wellness and beauty

I also thought the themes of wellness and beauty should be represented equally in the visuals. Hence, we have both the natural elements of green and the background leaf wallpaper balanced with some purple bling and a feminine scripted font.

Getting social

One of the most exciting new changes is that Beauty in the Middle now has a Facebook page. If you’re on Facebook, I’d love for you to follow me there! If you’re not on Facebook, maybe this is a good time to join!

In addition, below each post you’ll note there are multiple social media buttons. If there’s a post that resonates with you, please feel free to share it on any of the sites you belong to.

Community

It’s been so wonderful to receive your feedback, and I’d love to hear more. Past posts on health-food-store beauty boosters and hidden energy eaters are two examples of story ideas I received directly from Beauty in the Middle readers. Keep them coming, please!

If you have an idea for a future piece, a question or just general feedback on the site, I’d be delighted to hear from you. The comment section is now conveniently located below each post.  And in the spirit of “the more, the merrier,” if you know any other women “caught in the middle” who’d enjoy the content, please send them a link to the site.

Gratitude

Thanks so much for being part of this community. My vision for Beauty in the Middle is a space where women who have seen their first age spot (or two) can get beauty and wellness info that’s tailored to them rather than to 25 year olds. Because just because you now know what’s important in life doesn’t mean you don’t want to look good while you focus on it!

I’m excited about the next stage of this site, and hope you’ll continue to join me here.

 

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Pinterest
  • Google Plus
  • Delicious
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS
Posted in Aging well, Attitudes to midlife

2 Responses to Beauty in the Middle 2.0: Celebrating a year!

  1. Nicolette says:

    Thank you SO much for your recent article in Mind Body Green.
    http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-10434/how-imperfection-can-help-you-live-a-healthy-life.html

    I was touched by your story and the gentle tone of the advice.

    Yay for imperfection. I believe that imperfection is what makes us so lovably human, interesting, charming and resilient. I spent many, many years beating myself up verbally when ever I wasn’t performing perfectly (Only 98%? Where’s the other 2%?) It took a lot of work, and I am much more gentle with myself now. Yes, I make mistakes, but now, I am more apt to say ‘Ooops’, apologize if necessary, fix whatever I can, learn, forgive myself and move on. What a relief! We can’t ever be perfect, so why make ourselves unhappy by beating ourselves up when we are imperfect. Now, I’m all for doing my best (engaged, authentic, passionate, etc) – and then letting the rest go. Liberation, and much more time and energy to do the things and feel the way I want to. Joy!

    With gratitude,
    Nicolette Eus

    • TracyHoward says:

      Hi Nicolette:

      Thanks so much for your really thoughtful response to the article on MindBodyGreen. I’m also a “recovering” perfectionist, so I’m glad it resonated with you. Good for you for realizing that being “engaged, authentic and passionate” is much more interesting than being perfect (whatever that is…)

      If you think any of your friends would enjoy either the MindBodyGreen post or beautyinthemiddle.com, please feel free to send them along.

      Best to you,

      Tracy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *